DIGHEM Interp...

We hope to have many different topics in this forum. Nugget shooting, coin detecting, beach detecting. Pictures help a lot.

Moderator: chickenminer

Geowizard
Mega Miner

Re: DIGHEM Interp...

Post by Geowizard » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:34 pm

A Geophysically inferred discovery;

- Geowizard
Last edited by Geowizard on Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Geowizard
Mega Miner

Post by Geowizard » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:47 pm

One other thing;

I forgot to mention...

The Larger anomaly is OUTSIDE of the Mental Health Trust. :shock:

- Geowizard
Jim_Alaska
Site Admin

Post by Jim_Alaska » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:01 pm

I guess I expected to see more from you on this thread Chuck; run out of things to say?

I posted earlier in this thread about my having flown over Caribou Creek in the mid to late 70's and seeing the bucket line dredge still in place where they left it. Flying over it gave a bird's eye view of just how much material they moved. It dredged quite a distance upstream.

In thinking about Caribou Creek.I was thinking about that period of my life when I was not interested in mining. But I do remember that I originally flew in to a creek a bit downstream from Caribou Creek to repair a dozer mainspring with a friend that had rented his Cat to miners who were working a creek downstream.

I mention this because this makes it obvious that there has historically been gold all along the creeks emptying into the Salcha River, and that even this late in time gold can be and is being found there. This makes me wonder about the number of anomalies you found in the area.

I have tried to find this little creek on Google Earth but failed. It is not important, but I was just curious. I do remember that it had a couple of shacks on it near the mouth where it emptied into the river. One shack was pretty nice, almost like a vacation cabin and all set up with furniture.

Although I was not into mining at that time I do remember that I saw holes that were hand dug into the banks of that little creek.

Fortunately we were able to repair that dozer on site because the previous miners had left a lot of equipment and tools when the pulled out for the winter. We flew in there in the early spring so they had not come back yet. They had generators, welders, metal saws, grinders and all sorts of hand tools. We were able to land on the river ice and walk the short distance up the creek to the mine site.
Last edited by Jim_Alaska on Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim_Alaska
Administrator

lindercroft@gmail.com
Geowizard
Mega Miner

Post by Geowizard » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:26 pm

Jim,

- Geowizard
Geowizard
Mega Miner

Post by Geowizard » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:52 pm

"Run out of things to say?"

Jim,

- Geowizard
Geowizard
Mega Miner

Post by Geowizard » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:15 pm

A quick review;

- Geowizard
Last edited by Geowizard on Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jim_Alaska
Site Admin

Post by Jim_Alaska » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:12 pm

Chuck, I don't think of it so much as a "disconnect" as I do of two other reasons.

1. Our board still has too few members and far too few viewers. So this is a problem of exposure. I truly believe that if we had the numbers we had at our peak you would see quite different reactions.

2. This second reason is one of perception. I am thinking along the lines that, of those that have seen and followed this thread, there are practically none that view this information as a possible reality. What I mean by this is here we have a situation where resources are available in the form of expert professional exploration, development and logistics that would cost a small fortune if miners had to contract and pay for.

The problem? Most, if not all who see this only see it as interesting information, not something that they themselves could act on and take advantage of. Some may see us discussing the mechanics of this process and miss the whole idea that here is a prospect that could be some miner's dream come true. For some prospectors prospecting in a far away place called Alaska is a daunting thought in itself.

This one thing I know; if I had my health and no mobility problems as well as a few less years on me, I would be all over something like this. I have spent years walking over and digging in unproductive ground. Just the thought of being able to do the same in ground that has a very high likelihood of producing gold is exciting.
Jim_Alaska
Administrator

lindercroft@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska
Site Admin

Post by Jim_Alaska » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:20 pm

I forgot to add that there is something else that is not to be left out of my last reply. That is the actual instruction, as well as how and where to obtain geophysical information you have provided. Thank you for your willingness to provide this information in this format.
Jim_Alaska
Administrator

lindercroft@gmail.com
Geowizard
Mega Miner

Post by Geowizard » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:41 pm

Jim,

- Geowizard
Last edited by Geowizard on Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
easy goer
Iron Miner

Post by easy goer » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:10 pm

The State of Alaska has funded surveys and published the data. I have provided links to the online source of the data. The data is free. There are maps of where the surveys were flown and the maps are free.

Geowizard,

Unless I missed something, my area of the world wasn't flown? If it was I would love to see the info and would welcome some assistance interpreting it!

Thanks,

Easygoer